• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Customer should be able to set nginx rules

Tommy10

Basic Pleskian
I have a lot of customers who want to use nginx with WordPress. That because they need access to the nginx rules field. I cannot find any way to let them get access to it.

If I correctly understood you mean access to Additional nginx options in Plesk UI? This is a potentially dangerous feature therefore, only admins have access. You can create additional admin's account if you trust your customer.

But aren't these performance issues also possible with htaccess files for apache?

We need the nginx rules UI field to set important settings like similar for htaccess (example: WordPress).

Our customers really like to use nginx (it's fast!) but don't like to ask us each time to add specific WordPress nginx rules to their domains.

Specifically for apps it would have determined a solution to offer it there.
So the Plesk makes some of the work and specifically choose a server.

IF ( and only IF this is really the case! ) you would like a customer being able to add their own nginx - rules, you are able to insert an "include" inside the customers additional nginx directives box ( which will lead to create the file "/var/www/vhosts/system/domain.tld/conf/vhost_nginx.conf" ). The "include" can be linked to any location, where the customer has access to, as for example the webspace - root and you might give the customer the information about the location specification.

Example inside "vhost_nginx.conf":
Code:
    # Special modifications to unique nginx rules
    include /var/www/vhosts/domain.tld/httpdocs/.customer_config/customer_nginx.conf;
    # Special modifications to unique nginx rules

The customer is now able to add his own nginx directives inside the file "/var/www/vhosts/domain.tld/httpdocs/.customer_config/customer_nginx.conf", after the folder ".customer_config" and the file "customer_nginx.conf" have been created.

Pls. note, that this example is insecure and not recommended, so pls. use this at your own risk!

Back