• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Customized Modules?

dave-ha

Regular Pleskian
Apart from the script module, is there a way for developers to add customized modules to a WPB installation so that such modules can be picked from the editor menu? If so, where can developers find the documentation?

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment. However, we'll be working on SDK that will allow hosters to create their own modules in 11.2. If you have specific ideas/needs about functionality of such an SDK, please let me know.

Thank you for the good news, Custer. At the moment my mind is free from specific needs for the SDK. I am looking forward to WPB 11.2. - good luck!

whish list modules

Rotating banners and Google maps would be great!
Individual banner / page is not possible .. ?
When can we expect 11.2 ?

Hi hugosnel,

Google Maps integration module will definitely be in 11.1, and we're also planning to add an image carousel module (rotating images) as well.

Individual banner per page is theoretically possible, but I'd like to clarify your scenario:

If it's "I want one banner on Home Page and different banner on all other pages - or no banner at all", then we're talking about a feature we call "Different layout for Home Page", and it's obviously bigger than just modifying the way Banner module works.

If it's "I want different banners on different pages, maybe even randomly selected from a pool", then it's a part of the feature we call "Banner Module improvement".

Can you tell me what scenario you're talking about?

11.2 release date is not yet defined, I'm afraid.

Hi hugosnel,

First, wanting two options is fine -- however, if you had to choose which one you want first and which one second, what would you choose?

Second, 11.1 release date was not made available publicly yet, so I cannot disclose it. Follow the news and you'll find out eventually. ;)

Third, can you please tell me more about your "centering side column" feature? Screenshots would be a nice addition as well.

Hello Custer,
Fair enough!
My first priority woul be "Different layout for Home Page" for sure, that would be a great advance.
In that way I can use Iframes on seperate pages and have freedom of creating my own pool/page !
On the page http://essaouira.in-folio.com/home/ you will find that the photogallery is left oriented, I woul prefer to have it centered.
Hope 11.1 will be sooner than eventually:-(
Regards,
Hugo

Last edited:
Hi hugosnel,

You will be able to change the alignment of Image Gallery in 11.1, this feature is definitely in scope.

Back