• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Daily Backup on FTP server doesn't work

aculine

New Pleskian
Hi.
I've planned a daily backup (settings and data) on a FTP server, but it doesn't work. It creates the file on ftp folder but it's 0kb. Both passive and active mode doesn't work.
I didn't try with stopping sites, but I cannot do it.

If I launch manual backup, work fine.

I cannot find logs file for backup to analyze, where are located?

Thanks, Luca

ok, finally I found my log, thank you.

I'm getting a PORT problem:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<execution-result status="error">
  <object name="backup" type="backupowner">
    <message code="ApplicationException" severity="error">Cannot export dump file 'backup_info_1103280945.xml' to 'ftp://myUserName@myFTPServerIP/' [Transport error: unable to send directory to repository: Transport error: unable to put local file C:/Windows/TEMP/repo_transport_tmp_01cbed1c845ff720/backup_1103280945.zip to backup_1103280945.zip: Curl error: FTP command PORT failed]</message>
  </object>
</execution-result>

Can I set port 21?

I get this error ONLY on Scheduled Backup.

Thank you.

Strange. 21 port is default ftp port and I think that it shouldn't be changed. Are you sure that connection to FTP server via port 21 always works fine? Did you try to change mode of FTP server - active/passive?

Yes, both active and passive mode doesn't work. If I run manually, work fine both mode.

Logs says "FTP command PORT"...
Could be a firewall problem?

Samre problem

I have same problem. I am trying to upload backup files to personal FTP repository, but it doesn't work. I use same credentials which I am using to login into FTP through Total Commander, but it doesn't work. When I am setting up personal FTP repository in Plesk and I do some mistake in credentials, Plesk tells me that some info is wrong. So I am sure the credentials are OK and Plesk is able to connect to my FTP. However, the automated uploads just don't work.

I have noticed also one important thing - even if the credentials are OK, it takes about 3 minutes for Plesk to read the content. And after that it says there are no backup files there, although there are, just from different Plesk implementation/version...

What to do now?

Juraj

Back