• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Database already exists

D

DavyMac

Parallels Plesk Panel, 9.5.4, Windows Vista

I am using a web version of PPP 9.5.4, provided by my hosting company.

I had previously created an MSSQL database and a MySQL database.

I tried to create a new MSSQL database, but I get an error that the (whatever name I enter) database already exists.

I can still create a MySQL database.

I thought I might only be allowed to create one MS SQL DB, so I deleted my other (test) database.

From the home page, I click on "Databases" then "Add new Database"
The database name field already had "admin_". I delete that and type anything like TestDB, and select MS SQL Server as the type.
I get the following error:

Error: Database TestDB already exists.

Any ideas?

Two reasons.
1. DB exist in plesk db, ran the command "select * from data_bases where name='TestDB'; > if the DB is displayed, ran the command "delete from data_bases where name='TestDB'; > in such cases there is a chance that, the old DB user will still be existing in psa, remove that too via "delete from db_users where login='yourdbusername';
2. DB would be existing in MSSQL server, go to MSSQL management studio >> Databases >> look for the db name, if found, remove it ; sometimes the mdf and ldf file will still be there, go to Data directory and remove those files too.

If you are hosted with a webhosting provider, tell them these

Back