• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Databases created from phpmyadmin not visible in Plesk Webadmin!!

D

deepakapte06

hello
these problems are bugging me for some time now.

1] when i log on to myphpadmin, i am only able to see the databases created using the webAdmin only. All thought many more databases exist on the server, i cannot search and include these other databases that i have created using php queries.

i can use the show databases query, and fire other queries with ease on phpmyadmin.
2] also the query takes the single visible database and uses it by default to fire the queries. i have to add a use <DB_NAME> query each time as a prerequisite to use the desired database.

Waiting for quick response!
Thanks
Deepak

Gee, I see there is great support here, ZERO REPLIES? I have the same issue!!! Can someone shed some light?

if you login to phpmyadmin through the plesk panel you will only see the dbases created for that domain throught the plesk panel. if you want to access all dbases you have to install a seperate version of phpmyadmin on your server and login with the plesk admin password.

Thanks ! Hope it works

Better Late than never!
Will try . But there has to be some better option than this!

Re: Thanks ! Hope it works

Originally posted by deepakapte06
Better Late than never!
Will try . But there has to be some better option than this!
Better?
Wht is wrong with that perfect solution?

Actually you will see all databases installed on the local MySQL server if you goto the root level PHPMyAdmin rather than the domain level one. You can find this under the CP by clicking Server->Database Servers

Next to "Local MySQL server (default for MySQL)" in the last column you will see the button to launch PHPMyAdmin. This will list all databases running on the local MySql Server. Now to the other part of why you don't see the databases on the domain. You shouldn't be adding the databases manually through phpmyadmin unless you really need to. Adding them through the domain level of the CP under Databases->Add New Database button, will put an entry into the Plesk database running on your server, referencing that particular database being associated with that particular domain, and then appear in the Databases menu under the domain. The reason its not seen when you add directly to phpmyadmin is because its a 3rd party utility and is supposed to be there for advanced database viewing/editing/adding. It is not scripted directly with the control panel, its just launched from within the control panel. IE you add a database through phpmyadmin, it is not seen in the domain level control panel.

Thx
James

This is user contributed support. If you want immediate support, either figure it out yourself, or pay SW-Soft for real support. The users of this forum are very knowledgeable but are not paid to support you, ie the idea of user contributed support. If would have just used the control panel to create the databases under each domain and not phpmyadmin which is there for editing/viewing the databases, you wouldn't have this problem. I guess the idiot proof idea behind an integrated control panel was too much to comprehend. Please be patient and someone will eventually respond to your requests. Demanding or whining about lack of response doesn't speed things up. Another note, always do searches on your topics first before posting, many times the question has already been asked and solutions have already been posted.

Originally posted by TonysDesigns
Gee, I see there is great support here, ZERO REPLIES? I have the same issue!!! Can someone shed some light?

Back