• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Debian Lenny + Plesk 9.5 & qmail + clamav

Svobi

New Pleskian
Debian Lenny + Plesk 9.5 & postfix + clamav (qmail)

Hi...

I tried several things found in google like qsheff & stuff... followed several right-correction suggestions here in the board but nothing helped.

I've got a Debian Lenny + actual Plesk 9.5 here out of the box. I don't want to use Dr. Web instead clamav. Stupid (sorry *g*) qmail is a bit PIA here. Anyone got tips here how to get it running or a working tutorial?!

Or maybe somehow switch to postfix and then try other ways?!

*Sigh*

Last edited:
for qmail, use qmail-scanner and for postfix, check out clapf. Both of these are available for centos/rhel and fedora from the atomic yum repo.

I'm using debian (lenny) where clapf & qmail-scanner are not available out of the box. I switched to postfix. And currently I'm experimenting with clamsmtp... Thanks anyway! Maybe I'll get back to that when I'm failing here :D

Last edited:
It's working very well with clamsmtp which can be easily installed with aptitude! There are several guides out there - should be easy. I only had to change the "standard" clamsmtp ports (10025 & 10026) to (for example) 5025 & 5026 from these guides because Plesk uses the other ports for whatever stuff.

I used the virusaction-script from here - the others didn't work for me: I just want get be informed when somebody sends me an eMail containing a virus. Plain going through the clamav and silent drop isn't really useful.

Guess everything a bit more easy with postfix then qmail... Mybe this helps other debian plesker's as well a bit who want to easily integrate AV :D

Back