• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Debian Lenny + Plesk 9.5 & qmail + clamav

Svobi

New Pleskian
Debian Lenny + Plesk 9.5 & postfix + clamav (qmail)

Hi...

I tried several things found in google like qsheff & stuff... followed several right-correction suggestions here in the board but nothing helped.

I've got a Debian Lenny + actual Plesk 9.5 here out of the box. I don't want to use Dr. Web instead clamav. Stupid (sorry *g*) qmail is a bit PIA here. Anyone got tips here how to get it running or a working tutorial?!

Or maybe somehow switch to postfix and then try other ways?!

*Sigh*

Last edited:
for qmail, use qmail-scanner and for postfix, check out clapf. Both of these are available for centos/rhel and fedora from the atomic yum repo.

I'm using debian (lenny) where clapf & qmail-scanner are not available out of the box. I switched to postfix. And currently I'm experimenting with clamsmtp... Thanks anyway! Maybe I'll get back to that when I'm failing here :D

Last edited:
It's working very well with clamsmtp which can be easily installed with aptitude! There are several guides out there - should be easy. I only had to change the "standard" clamsmtp ports (10025 & 10026) to (for example) 5025 & 5026 from these guides because Plesk uses the other ports for whatever stuff.

I used the virusaction-script from here - the others didn't work for me: I just want get be informed when somebody sends me an eMail containing a virus. Plain going through the clamav and silent drop isn't really useful.

Guess everything a bit more easy with postfix then qmail... Mybe this helps other debian plesker's as well a bit who want to easily integrate AV :D

Back