• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Debian Sarge Upgrade to V3

B

buliwyf

Hello

I have got a Debian Sarge 3.1 Machine.
2.1.3 is running pretty well, but the upgrade fails. I tried it several times.
The database seems to get converted and after the upgrade there is a database sitebuilder3 on the server. This seems to be the database of a fresh install.
I can login with the default User Password combination and i can't find any sites from the previous installation.
sb_config is started after dpkg -i *.deb

In the documentation i can find the notice how to upgrade to 3.0.1 but i cant find any install packages for this release.

Did you run sb_config --migrate_all ?
Also try to look at /<sb-root>/tmp/migration/migration.log Is there any errors?

Yepp

i also tried this, and did not get any error.
The problems seems to be that the database migration ends with a fresh sitebuilder3 database and there are no sites configured.
so sb_config --migrate_all runs without problems cause it finds no sites to migrate.

Sorry, forgot that upgrade to 3.0.0 broken on Debian.

You can wait till 3.0.1 or try to call SWsoft support. They can help you.

Where can i get such information?
That Upgrade to 3.0.0 is broken?

Upgrade broken only for Debian.

To perform it you must:
* drop database sitebuilder3
* touch /opt/sitebuilder/migrate
* ln -s /usr/local/sitebuilder/include/config.php /opt/sitebuilder/include/config.php
* ln -s /usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/repository/templates /opt/sitebuilder/htdocs/repository/templates
* ln -s /usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/users /opt/sitebuilder/htdocs/users
* run sb_config
* run sb_config --migrate_all

nullsystems

Seems like the 3.0 linux release was entirely pointless. Nothing works and im now having to pay SWSOFT to fix their own software....fun isnt it?

Back