• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Debian Upgrade and Plesk

P_heck

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

as I have never done this with Plesk and didn't found any related posts in the forum or in Google, I am asking the question here in the forum:

I have a webserver with Debian 6.0.3 and want to do an upgrade of the system (to install security fixes and patches). Plan to do it with aptitude safe-upgrade (after doing an aptitude update before).

Trying with apt-get upgrade, it wants to update the following packages:

acpid apache2-utils base-files bind9 bind9-host bind9utils bzip2 cifs-utils cpufrequtils dnsutils dpkg dpkg-dev file ia32-libs imagemagick initscripts isc-dhcp-client isc-dhcp-common lib32bz2-1.0 libactionmailer-ruby1.8
libactionpack-ruby1.8 libactiverecord-ruby1.8 libactiveresource-ruby1.8 libactivesupport-ruby1.8 libapache2-mod-rpaf libapr1 libarchive1 libbind9-60 libbz2-1.0 libc-bin libc-dev-bin libc6 libc6-dev libc6-i386 libcpufreq0 libcurl3
libdns69 libdpkg-perl libexpat1 libfreetype6 libgnutls26 libgssapi-krb5-2 libicu44 libisc62 libisccc60 libisccfg62 libk5crypto3 libkrb5-3 libkrb5support0 liblwres60 libmagic1 libmagickcore3 libmagickcore3-extra libmagickwand3
libmysqlclient16 libperl5.10 libpng12-0 libpq5 libssl0.9.8 libt1-5 libtasn1-3 libtiff4 libwbclient0 libxi6 libxml2 linux-base linux-image-2.6.32-5-amd64 linux-libc-dev locales mdadm module-init-tools mysql-client-5.1 mysql-common
mysql-server-5.1 mysql-server-core-5.1 openssh-client openssh-server openssl perl perl-base perl-modules procps python python-libxml2 python-minimal rails rails-ruby1.8 samba-common samba-common-bin smbfs sysv-rc sysvinit
sysvinit-utils tzdata

So, no direct Plesk component affected, but some other core components like MySQL core.

Does anyone has experience doing such an upgrade in regards to PLESK functionality? Is it just simple going or should I expect major problems?

Ciao
Peter

I would recommend upgrading such services by upgrading plesk ...Otherwise upgrading them independently could break Plesk

I would recommend upgrading such services by upgrading plesk ...Otherwise upgrading them independently could break Plesk
Upgrading Plesk (well it is on the newest version) would never update Debian core components - at least, I want to stay current on the security fixes.

Oh sorry I miss-understood. Yes upgrading the core / kernel of a server would not break Plesk as long as you are upgrading to the Plesk supported Debian version.

Back