• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Dedicated IIS Application Pool for each domain/subdomain

N

Noel Tam

Hi,

How can I set dedicated IIS Application Pool for each domain/subdomain? I only can found the setting assign one application pool for each subscription. But my subscription have two subdomain (one subdomain have virtual directory to share to other subdomain) and would like have two application pools. Thanks

Regards,
Noel Tam

With plesk settings it looks like you would have to place the additional domains into a new subscription.
You could always do it manually in IIS though, just create a new app pool clone of the existing one its in and then change the site in IIS to use it.

Thanks your advise.

Yes I knew I can place the additional domains into new subscription and will have a new dedicated application pool.

When I did that, I tried to create a virtual directory in Plesk Control Panel, I couldn't add select the other domain directory. And I tried to add the virtual directory in IIS, many permission problem occur.

Yeah that would be a problem if your trying to share files. One other thing you can do is create a new group, add both users and grant permissions to that group on both web file locations, but it may just be easier to manually create a new app pool and set the domain/sub to use it.

Thanks again.

1. Create a new group in Windows or Plesk?

2. Add both users? add the Plesk Domain IIS User into the group? thanks

So to try the new user method (keep in mind this may not be supported and may be a security risk depending on your setup) you would create a new windows group, add in both of the users that run the web sites in IIS, give the group the amount of permissions needed (start with read, then add write, then add modify, etc testing each time) on the file system folders - don't add more than it needs, and then that should allow both users to read from each others stuff.

In latest plesk you will find option of assigning dedicated application pool in tools and settings.

Back