• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Deleted a lot of files on my server, re-install plesk without losing data ?

Erwin Fiten

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

Today i was cleaning up my webserver, and used the famous 'rm -r' in a wrong way. I know, stupid.....:(
Before I saw my mistake, a lot of files were already deleted, tes even Linux related ones...
Code:
Last login: Wed Jul  6 14:30:21 2016 from 172.20.1.146
-bash: ls: command not found
***@***:~$ ls
***@f***:~$
So I have some issues to solve before I get to PLESK.
over FTP I can access the system, so i'm backing up what's left, the plesk backend is also stil (partially) accessibe.

I have the /var/lib/psa/dumps folder, that one is still there, is that enoug to restore everything ?
the /var/www folder is also still there.

Maybe, if i'm able to restore the bash environment, can I just re-install PLESK using the auto-installer?

And maybe someone has an idea about how to restore my bash environment?:rolleyes:

Erwin

Start in rescue mode or some way where you can see the HDD (mount it). Then backup the files in external place, FTP, extrnal HDD something. All data from /var/ and /etc/ and eventually /home/ and /user/ Of course this is the fast way, but better save what is left there.
After this reinstall the operating system and then PLESK, then try to restore the PSA database (usually I copy back /var/lib/mysql/*
If you are lucky your mysql will start. If yes, there is a few more step.
Copy back /var/www/vhosts/* , /var/qmail/mailnames
Then from /etc/shadows and /etc/passwords add back the created users.

If you are luck magic will happens with bootstrap repaiir.
Hope this help, but this is an extrame measure, never do this at home! :)

Back