• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Deleted WebMail From IIS...How To Restore It?

hosting4less

New Pleskian
Plesk Users,

After updating to 7.6.1 latest update 070219.16 Horde would not work when trying to browse it and we installed Mail Enable Professional in hopes to use this one but that one would not work either and in the process of doing so we removed the webmail(default) from the IIS. So we get this error now in the Plesk Admin when trying to set teh webmail to either Horde or the MailEnable Pro.

Error: Set default component failed: defpackagemng failed: Execute websrvmng --add-horde-application --vhost-name=webmail(default) --app-name=horde "--path=C:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde" failed: Invalid pointer (COM Error 80004003) at existsVirtualDir(webmail(default), horde)

Thanks!
Eric

I received almost the exact same error after upgrading from 7.6 to 8.1. To get Plesk 8.1 to install I needed to select that Horde not be installed in the custom install area.

I now receive this error when trying to install Horde via the cpanel:

Error: Set default component failed: defpackagemng failed: Execute websrvmng --add-application --vhost-name=webmail(default) --app-name=horde --scripts=php "--path=C:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde" --iusr-name=IUSRPLESK_horde failed: Invalid pointer (COM Error 80004003) at addLinkSite(webmail, C:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail)

How can this problem be fixed?

There is a simple fix for windows users. I had a similar problem for 2 weeks, called my support company and they didn't help worth a squat. They actually said to just reload the OS and start fresh. Well, on to the solution.

In the registry, navigate to this key:

HLKM/Software/PLESK/PSA Config/Config/Site Cache

Under it will be lots of other keys that are just numbers. They happen to correspond to the server IDs. Find the one for webmail and delete it. Go into your domain manager in Plesk and all should be well.

Disclaimer: This worked for me. I take no responsibility if it crashes your machine or blows up the data center. You millage may vary.

Edit: Corrected wording and misspellings.

i get this same error on a fresh install of plesk 8.1 on windows 2003
i'll try your registry fix and post my results asap. thanks.

The reg fix works for the addLinkSite errors. The existsVirtualDir error I believe can be fixed by deleteing the dir that is there as well as deleting the actuall site in the IIS admin. At least that worked for me. Good luck!

yeah when i deleted it, it changed the error to complain that the site webmail didn't exist. so i put a backup of the reg key in and it worked. go figure.

-edit-
okay well it let me set horde as the default webmail thing, but i still can't add domains...
same error as before i think:

Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: Failed mail post-configuration: Can't create mail domain servie: mailManager->addDomain() failed: mailmng failed: MEAOPO.PostOffice.AddPostOffice failed for name dysyl.com [dysyl.com]
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\create_domain.php:146

-edit-
fixed that too
had to delete that mailbox from mailenable then recreate the domain

Back