• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Desperate need for 3rd party backup

GrBeach

New Pleskian
After two months with backup failures after the 11.5 upgrade and posting here:

and starting a new thread here:

I'm no closer to having a clean backup using Plesk's built in backup.

As a result of the inability or disinterest in solving my problem I am in desperate need of a subscription level backup. Searching the internet in general has only turned up server level backups. I know it's a long shot but I was hoping someone here might know of something even if it's a command line script.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

After two months with backup failures after the 11.5 upgrade and posting here:

and starting a new thread here:

I'm no closer to having a clean backup using Plesk's built in backup.

As a result of the inability or disinterest in solving my problem I am in desperate need of a subscription level backup. Searching the internet in general has only turned up server level backups. I know it's a long shot but I was hoping someone here might know of something even if it's a command line script.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

It isn't that complex to create one (from scratch) your self ..
The idea is:

tar all the files in locations:

/var/www/
/var/qmail/
/usr/local/psa
/etc/

Dump all MySQL Dbs
mysqldump -uroot -p --all-databases > alldb.sql

The move them to your FTP server, you can use curlftpfs

That is just a rough idea of what you should do, but if you give it a little thought and time, you can easily implement a personal backup mechanism ...

GrBeach,

how did you setup the backup?? Over the admin interface? Which Plesk version do you have?
Is it a VM on which is running, so you could provide me an image?

I'm glad to try to investigate it.

Back