• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Desperate need for 3rd party backup

GrBeach

New Pleskian
After two months with backup failures after the 11.5 upgrade and posting here:

and starting a new thread here:

I'm no closer to having a clean backup using Plesk's built in backup.

As a result of the inability or disinterest in solving my problem I am in desperate need of a subscription level backup. Searching the internet in general has only turned up server level backups. I know it's a long shot but I was hoping someone here might know of something even if it's a command line script.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

After two months with backup failures after the 11.5 upgrade and posting here:

and starting a new thread here:

I'm no closer to having a clean backup using Plesk's built in backup.

As a result of the inability or disinterest in solving my problem I am in desperate need of a subscription level backup. Searching the internet in general has only turned up server level backups. I know it's a long shot but I was hoping someone here might know of something even if it's a command line script.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

It isn't that complex to create one (from scratch) your self ..
The idea is:

tar all the files in locations:

/var/www/
/var/qmail/
/usr/local/psa
/etc/

Dump all MySQL Dbs
mysqldump -uroot -p --all-databases > alldb.sql

The move them to your FTP server, you can use curlftpfs

That is just a rough idea of what you should do, but if you give it a little thought and time, you can easily implement a personal backup mechanism ...

GrBeach,

how did you setup the backup?? Over the admin interface? Which Plesk version do you have?
Is it a VM on which is running, so you could provide me an image?

I'm glad to try to investigate it.

Back