• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Details: Doing restart of Plesk Installer... BUSY

Ruprecht Backhaus

New Pleskian
I started Plesk and I got this in chrome

Execution failed.
Command: autoinstaller
Arguments: Array
(
[0] => --select-product-id
[1] => plesk
[2] => --select-release-current
[3] => --upgrade-installed-components
)

Details: Doing restart of Plesk Installer...

BUSY: Die Update-Operation wurde durch einen anderen Update-Prozess gesperrt.

So I ran
Code:
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components

I got Doing restart of Plesk Installer... Downloading file products.inf3: 0% Downloa - Pastebin.com

And the initial message remains.

Hi Ruprecht Backhaus,

if you see messages like:
, then there is another "autoinstaller" - instance running on your server, which you could check with for example:
Code:
ps -aux | grep installer
In case of inactivity for 30 minutes for such an "autoinstaller" - processes over your webinterface, these processes will close ( normally! ) automatically, but as we don't live in a perfect world, it can be ( rare case ) that a process hangs and lead to an orphaned process. In such cases, you are able to kill such an orphaned process with for example:
Code:
kill -9 XXXXX
( where "XXXXX" has to be replaced with the unique PID-Number, which is displayed over your command line with your previous "ps" - command )

The "autoinstaller" - instance can only be started ONCE on your server - either over the webinterface OR manually initiated over the command line.

On the other site, you might have seen:
Code:
You already have the latest version of product(s) and all the selected components
installed. Installation will not continue.
... which points you to the fact, that there is no need to run another update/upgrade process, as the Plesk version and all installed components are up-to-date. ;)

It is NOT solved. There is no process running.

Code:
root@h1:~# ps -aux | grep installer
root     21022  0.0  0.0  11892   936 pts/0    S+   20:38   0:00 grep --color=auto installer
root@h1:~#

And I still get
Code:
Execution failed.
Command: autoinstaller
Arguments: Array
(
    [0] => --select-product-id
    [1] => plesk
    [2] => --select-release-current
    [3] => --upgrade-installed-components
)

Details: Doing restart of Plesk Installer...

But now at least the gui starts.
I check again with
Code:
ps -aux | grep installer
And I get
Code:
root@h1:~# ps -aux | grep installer
root     21148  0.0  0.0  11892   940 pts/0    S+   20:42   0:00 grep --color=auto installer
root@h1:~#

Hi Ruprecht Backhaus,

could you pls. describe ( step-by-step ), how you start the update/upgrade process?

In addition, it could help to use the "Plesk Repair Utility" ( => Plesk Repair Utility ), if you experience issues with Plesk and it's components. You even have the choice to use for example ( logged in as user "root" over your command line ):
Code:
plesk repair installation -y -v
... and are able to investigate possible issues/errors/problems with the help of the corresponding repair - log at "/var/log/plesk".

Es hat alles damit angefangen, daß fail2ban nicht mehr funktionierte, ein bekanntes Problem, nach dem Update.

Ich habe fail2ban per installer deinstalliert und wollte es anschließend wieder installieren, doch das hat nicht mehr funktioniert und führte zu diesem Ergebnis.

Hi Ruprecht Backhaus,

pls. note, that this Community forum is an ENGLISH - only forum. Pls. consider to translate your previous post in order to get additional suggestions and help from the Plesk Community.

Back