• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Determine user and group when launching a tool from Plesk

Jean-Luc GARNIER

Basic Pleskian
Dear Forum,

I'm struggling with access rights on various folders when installing ownCloud in a sub-domain. Pointing at subdomain.com/oc/phpinfo.php returns USER = adminoc, which is the system user name I've used when creating the subdomain with Plesk.

I've then applied a script to give the proper rights to all necessary folders within the ownCloud tree. Unfortunately, when I try to launch ownCloud, I just get an "access denied" page.

I suppose either the access rights are not correct OR I've used the wrong username when running the script.

Question: how can I determine the exact user + group Plesk is using when launching ownCloud from the control panel?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi Jean-Luc GARNIER,

to correct files and folder permissions, you could use the Plesk Repair Utility ( => Plesk Repair Utility ), with the example command:
Code:
plesk repair fs -y -v
or
Code:
plesk repair fs YOUR-DOMAIN.COM -y -v

To inform yourself about the correct permissions for files and folders, when you use Plesk, you might consider to read:

=> Virtual Host Structure (Linux)

or/and use the Forum Search with for example:

Great! Thanks a lot UFHH01, this is exactly what I was looking for! I'll now be able to tweak all access rights for the subdomain tools...

Thanks again for your help!

Back