• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Difference between "CPU usage" in "System information" and "CPU total usage" in "Process list"

Pinocchio

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have a 12 core server hosting my 4 websites. Right now, I'm getting this in System Information:
1.png
If I understand this correctly, these are CPU cores currently used.

At the same time, this is "CPU total usage" in "Process list":
2.png
So, I'm using 10 of 12 CPU cores but only 6% total CPU usage? What I know is that thing are getting a little slow. What's the deal?

If I understand this correctly, these are CPU cores currently used.
This isn't the CPU cores, this is the percentage used from all cores during that time.
Your CPU usage is between 5% to 11.9% during 15min

So, I'm using 10 of 12 CPU cores
You're using approximately. 1.1 core out of 12 cores within 15min period.

If you want a more detailed view of everything on Plesk, use Advanced Monitoring.

Indeed a cpu utilization of 10.46 during the past minute means that in order to process all commands directed to the processor without wait you'd need 10.46 cpu cores at the given time. The value shown in the process list should be the same (or at least very similar, it can never be the same, because one is an aggregation and average, the other one is a momentary status).

Normally there is not much difference between the values. On your "system information" page however and on the "process list" pages please make sure to hit the "reload" ("update") buttons to get the latest data, else the pages might display outdated information.

Back