• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Difference between Server repository & pers. ftp repository?

duvide

Basic Pleskian
I want to restore a database from my repository. In the backup manager (root) I have Server repository & Personal FTP Repository. The personal repository I set to backup every day. The server repository I don't know where to set the backup option. There seems to be some random backups every 2 weeks or so.
In the personal ftp repository I have the backups of the last 7 days as tar files. When I want to radio button "Selected objects" it can not me highlighted. I am on plesk 12.0.18. (I ticked "Restore this backup despite the fact that it does not have a valid signature")
In the server depository the files are .xml and there I can select what to restore but the backups are not current. I need the database from yesterday.
What to do? How can I make my personal backups selectable?

Wow, l can see your frustration. Bit of a mess there. On my Linux (CentOS), if I look in the directory /var/lib/psa/dumps/ there are folders for clients and domains. If you drill down further, you should find where the XML files are. Keep drilling down and you'll find tar files that belong to the XML documents. Buried deep within that tree you'll find the tar file that has your database dump. You can extract that manually to get your database back.

Back