1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

differences in Servers

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Jekkil, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Jekkil

Jekkil Guest

I have found certain differences in the directory of our 2 dynamic cloud servers we have with 1&1.

Knowing that both have the same updates and the same features, and the subscription have the same plans on both servers, when i look in the file manager of the domains in the two servers, one contains a "etc/group" and "etc/password" directory (serverA)and the other (serverB) doesn't. This would not bother me, if there wasn't the problem of ownership always given to apache when installing modules in joomla installations in server A > note that we tested equal installations on both.

I tried to create a taks in the plesk panel for chown -R XXX/directory.... but it did not work, here also I could use some help , if this is the only way to avoid the problem in server A, on how exactly to write and define the task.

I would appreciate any help given.