• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Different fileextension for PHP does not work with FPM-apache/nginx

Stefan

New Pleskian
TITLE:
Different fileextension for PHP does not work with FPM-apache/nginx
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
3.10.0-693.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Aug 22 21:09:27 UTC 2017 x86_64
Produkt: Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update Nr. 27
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
Hello,
whte the Standard Handler changed like the Plesk-example
Onyx -> Domain -> Configuration Apache & nginx
own Value:
php-script .script

It does not work with the PHP-FPM-nginx or PHP-FPM-apache
The .script file whould parsed only with the old OS-Vendor-Parser mostly an old FastCGI-5.4.x version..

by the way: Standard .php scripts run with the correct PHP version​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
  1. Onyx -> Domain -> Configuration Apache & nginx
    own Value:
    php-script .script
  2. put an test.script on the Webserver
    Content:
    <?php echo phpinfo(); ?>
  3. Select an FPM PHP-Interpreter FPM NGINX or apache / V7.x
ACTUAL RESULT:
The Webserserver script shows an old FASTCGI-php-version...​
EXPECTED RESULT:
phpinfo should show the phpversion 7.x.​

Last edited:
Thank you for report.

Please, provide full *PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE* information and clear *EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM*.
Should developers confirm bug, find root cause, provide workaround or custom fix?

You're right. I have added the detailed information.

My wish would be an optimal solution.
It would be good if the function would work in principle.
If this is expensive and can be corrected much later with an update, then of course an individual solution. For example, by adding additional httpd directives

From developer:

php-script option does nothing for PHP-FPM and/or Nginx, it suitable only for Apache CGI/FCGI. AFAIK, we don't allow to customize extension of php script in case of nginx or php-fpm (see virtual host template for proxy options - it contains the regexp like \.php(/.* ), so the customer should alter the virtual host templates.

As for me it is a feature request.

So, I suggest you submit this feature request to Plesk UserVoice - Feature Suggestions (1726 ideas) – Your Ideas for Plesk

Hello Igor,

but it does not work with CGI/FastCGI..either
The .script file whould parsed only with the old OS-Vendor-Parser mostly an old FastCGI-5.4.x version NOT the selected FastCGI-7.1.11.
Is that also wanted?

In which httpd.conf can I change it so that it is not overwritten by Plesk? Preferably a global change, if necessary, but only for a domain?

Thanks in advance

Back