• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Different SSL-certificates for (sub)domains?

KevinX

New Pleskian
Hello,

For my website I have bought 3 different SSL-certificates:

1 for www.example.com and the non-www.
1 for members.example.com
1 for free.example.com

Is it possible in Plesk 12 to install for each (sub)domain a different SSL-certificate? I tried to install it in Plesk 10 at my VPS-server, but in this version I can choose, via the pulldown-menu, between the certificates that are created, and then choose 1 of them, and then they are installed for all those 3 (sub)domains. Under that pulldown menu is the following line: "The certificate change will also affect other sites hosted on the same dedicated IP address." So, I can't select for each (sub)domain it's own certificate. Has this problem been solved in Plesk 12?

Kind regards,
Kevin

Thank you Igor for your answer. The problem is a bit more complicated. Please allow me to mention all the details. I would appreciate it very much if you, or another expert can help me, because I am stuck.

At this moment I'm hiring a linux-VPS-server at Hostgator. Installed on this VPS-server is Plesk 10, as I told in this topic. In Plesk 10 I can't select for each (sub)domain it's own certificate. I can choose, via the pulldown-menu, between the certificates that are created and then choose 1 of them. Under that pulldown menu is the following line: "The certificate change will also affect other sites hosted on the same dedicated IP address." If it is really possible, then I want to upgrade Plesk 10 to Plesk 12.

Now I have three different SSL-certificates:

1 SSL-certificate for www.example.com and non-www
1 SSL-certificate for members.example.com
1 SSL-certificate for free.example.com

In Plesk 10, when I activate the SSL for the www/non-www.example.com, and I visit members.example.com or free.example.com, I get an invalid-SLL-warning in my browser for members.example.com and free.example.com.

When I activate the SSL for members.example.com, and I visit the www/non-www.example.com or free.example.com, and I visit www/non-www.example.com or free.example.com, then I get an invalid-SLL-warning in my browser for www/non-www.example.com and free.example.com.

Or when I activate the SSL for free.example.com, and I visit the www/non-www.example.com or members.example.com, and I visit www/non-www.example.com or members.example.com, then I get an invalid-SLL-warning in my browser for www/non-www.example.com and members.example.com.

Of course this is annoying for the visitors of my website. So, my question is: has this Plesk 10-problem been solved in Plesk 12? Your answer wasn't clear enough for me.

If the problem has been solved, then I want to upgrade Plesk 10 to Plesk 12. But, is it possible to upgrade from Plesk 10 directly to Plesk 12? (Or do I have to upgrade to Plesk 11 first?) If so, will everything installed and configured the same? Is is possible for me, as average user like me to upgrade it myself or must this be done by an expert?

I understand that I must have a license; is the one that I can obtain via your website useable for the upgrade of that Hostgator VPS-server?

The problem: Hostgator wrote me: "Our support for Plesk has ended outside legacy support, and so we're not able to provide an updated version thereof." And then they advised me to use cPanel. But with cPanel I will have the same problem as I have know with Plesk 10, so that is is not a solution for me.

And then a few other questions:

How many IP-addresses can be coupled to the server with Plesk 12? At this moment I have 10 IP-adresses in Plesk 10.

Does Plesk 12 work on VPS-servers with 32bit and 64bit CPU's?

How many MB/GB harddisk-space does Plesk 12 require?

I'll hope you can and will answer my questions and advise me. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Kevin

Hi @KevinX
for the first part of the question about sub-domains and SSLs on Plesk 12.5, yes, you can install different sertificates on subdomains. Even you dont'n need to have different IP adress for each one of them. At the moment I have plesk install with two IP adresses, with 4 different SSLs, two of them are on subdomains, two of them on main domains and all of them are using 1 IP.

For upgrading part I can't tell anyting. Different users with different configs exerience different problems.

For IP part -- I don't know, probbaly it will not be a problem to add 10 IPs

For OS part -- yes plesk runs on VPS-servers with 32bit and 64bit CPU's /actually if you have vps with 4 or more ram you shoud run it with 64 bit OS/

For the HDD part -- on clean install with CentOS core and Plesk 12.5 it took me about 3.5 gb, but probably there is also some swap space.

Regards,
Bulent

Back