• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved [DigitalOcean DNS extension] TTL set for specific records does not propagate to DigitalOcean DNS

Sergio Manzi

Regular Pleskian
Username: Sergio Manzi

TITLE

TTL set for specific records does not propagate to DigitalOcean DNS

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.36
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009
DigitalOcean DNS Version 1.3.1-116

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

TTL set for specific records does not propagate to DigitalOcean
ALL records propagate to DigitalOcean with the value indicated as the Zone default (Home > Domains > example.com > DNS > Settings > Zone defaults > TTL)

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Change the TTL value for whatever record you like to something different from the zone default
Sync with D.O.
Examine the value stored in D.O.

ACTUAL RESULT

TTL *NOT* synced with D.O.

EXPECTED RESULT

TTL synced with D.O.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Help with sorting out

Last edited:
Thank you for the report.
It is known bug EXTPLESK-2272 which will be fixed in the next DO DNS extension update.

This seems to be still not fixed (Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.41, DO Extension 1.3.2-119,
CentOS 7.9.2009), if I'm not mistaken. Am I?

As far as I know, a fix is planned for DO Extension 1.3.3 version.
Thanks for your reply, @IgorG.

Any ETA for this? As you can see the issue is quite old (June 2021) and, contrary to what you initially stated, it has not been fixed in the "next update" (1.3.2 of November 8, 2021)...

Hi @IgorG , could you check with your dev people please. We're running version 1.3.3-123 , just migrated a server and still find this issue to be happening.

I see that EXTPLESK-2272 was shifted for a fix in 1.3.4 extension version.

Hi! I am glad to say that the issue is fixed in the DigitalOcean DNS extension since 1.4.0 version,

Changes, 1.4.0 (1 November 2023)
  • [-] Custom TTL values for individual records are now correctly synchronized with the DigitalOcean DNS service. (EXTPLESK-2272)

Let me know if you have any feedback regarding the "synchronization of TTL per record" issue.

Thank you for the update @AYamshanov.

I can confirm that now, with DigitalOcean DNS extension 1.4.0, synchronization of TTL per record is correctly working.

It took a quite a while to see this issue fixed, but better late than never!

Back