• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Directory /opt/psa/handler/spool/ full of old e-mails.

Luiz_Gustavo

Basic Pleskian
Hello everyone,

A customer has asked me to analyze their Plesk server, which is almost full. Interestingly, the sum of the storage used by the subscriptions doesn't match the current total used storage.

I discovered about 82,000 files consisting of old email messages in the directory /opt/psa/handler/spool/. These files range from 2016 to 2022, with no recent files included.

Is there a safe way to delete these old files, or should I just use the rm command?

I don't believe these files are related to the email messages of users since the Maildir is located in /var/qmail/mailnames/domain/user/Maildir. Am I correct in this assumption?

This Plesk version is 17.8.11 Update #95 with Postfix and Roundcube. I'm looking to resolve this issue before migrating accounts to a new Plesk server.

Thanks for any help

In Plesk Onyx 17.5 there was a known issue that under certain circumstances, mails in /opt/psa/handler/spool where not cleared. This issue was resolved in Plesk 18.0.22. I am not able to say whether the old files can be deleted, because who knows what your user might have stored there that could still be important data. But you could backup the whole folder, e.g. tar -czf my_backup.tar.gz /opt/psa/handler/spool and then remove the probably unnecessary files from it.

Back