• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Disable mail forwarding to avoid being reported as spammer

styxxx

New Pleskian
Hello,

I try to forbid the user to define a mail forward for the mailboxes. I was blocked several times because the mail receceived and fowarded are spams, then google, miscrosoft and others do think that my server is spamming.

Or prevend non local domains.

Does anyone know how to do it ?

thanks
Guy

Done. Being blacklisted by google because a user defined a forward and publish his mail everywhere is not fun, and I can do little. just find out that I am blacklisted on that server when others customers are getting and error message back...

You could (perhaps) isolate the abusive email account, and disable mail service on it ...& and ofcourse it being done by your customer, you can send him or her a warning not to do such again!

I did it, but hard to control for all. And OVH now trace spams, and block your server on port 25 from the routers for 1h, 1 day, 1 month when they do detect it... so is starts to be even harder. 3x a few spams forwarded and I loose a lot. It can even be the non delivery of forged e-mail coming back to the customer and forwarded. I is now very dangerous to let them do it and they are many

Back