• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Disable SPF checks for user/domain/servers

SKDamon

Basic Pleskian
Can SPF validation by postfix be disabled when receiving mails from a specific server, for a specific email account, or an entire domain of receiving accounts?

My problem is that Germany's largest ISP spoofs the sender address when they forward emails. When someone sends a mail from a domain w/ SPF record (i.e. only allowing this domain's MX servers to send their mail) to Telekom, SPF validation fails on my server (receiving the forwarded mail from Telekom), because that ISP spoofs the sender address.

They just don't care about SPF when forwarding Emails. They chose not to implement SRS ( SPF: SRS ), so I had to disable SPF checks on my server completely to receive their forwarded emails. (Shame on you, Telekom)

Now I'd like to "whitelist" their servers, so postfix won't check SPF status for any emails coming from them. Ideally, I'd like to disable SPF checks for individual receiving accounts, or entire domains.

But any help regarding how I can "trust" external servers so SPF won't be checked for mails coming from them would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Back