• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Dist upgrade debian 8 to 9 on Obsidian

nicolas2212

New Pleskian
Hello,

Is it possible to upgrade Debian from 8 to 9 on Plesk Obsidian.

I can't find how to do it in the web.

Thanks

Nicolas

But, it's not possible upgrade to debian 9 because now I get error message:
"Err Index of / jessie/all amd64 Packages
404 Not Found"
Exists a solution to this?

Yes, I've Plesk Obsidian 18.0.28#3. The upgrade script don't finish because Index of / jessie/all, don't exists.
If I try upgrade debian 8 to 9 with debian instructions, but I have ended up with a server that does not work (nginx- apache error). I'm very tired, it's not the first time I've tried it. I have already tried it several times with the same result a few months ago. Good thing I take a snapshot so I can get back to the point before the update.
I am thinking of starting a new server with debian 9 and moving all the domains to the new one with the plesk backups, but I am not sure that it will work

Last edited:
@ereus At least there is a dist-upgrade that is offered and that should work for you at on the two Debian OS's that you're looking at. That's not the case (yet) on Ubuntu... You still have two options; Raise a Plesk Support Ticket (they are normally very speedy & helpful) or, post your query in the comments section of that article mentioned previously and it will get answered, although not as fast as a support ticket will be deat with.

Thank you for your answer, I will continue looking for the best option for the continuity of my domains

Back