• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question dist-upgrade HOWTO "2. Remote management module must be installed on the server": What RMM?

fuzzy

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu bionic 18.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.52.3
Hi,

what is meant by "Remote Management Module"? How to proof it's already installed? Is it an Plesk Extension, a ubuntu/debian packet, AMT/ME, LOM?

Can I use screen with ssh instead?

I'm new to Plesk.
Thanks in advance

Kind regards

fuzzy

Hi @fuzzy, the documentation does not seem to be very clear in this point. We mean that in case the SSH daemon does not start you should have a way to access your server anyway. Normally this can be achieved by a KVM console that can be connected to your server by your data center, so that you can work on the server without the need to login through SSH.

Okay thank you. The support of netclusive doesn't provide such remote access to the vmware esxi instance of my virtual root server. They proposed web based solution as cockpit, but I wasn't convinced. So I started the upgrade anyway. I had success with some minor flaws, but thankfully not with remote access. The mariadb part and udev was tricky, and lxd and tetex resulted in a broken ackage system, but remove them and reinstall them later did the trick.

My main issue as a new user was, not to understand in which way plesk is build into the system. I don't know how it is aware of the state o the system when manually do the dist-upgrade, that I'm familiar with, due to experience with ubuntu and debian.

Back