1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved DKIM Configuration

Discussion in 'Plesk Onyx for Linux' started by Sally1, May 17, 2017.

1. Sally1

Sally1 Basic Pleskian

Hello,

i updated to Onyx today, and tried to activate DKIM for outgoing Mail. I use Postfix on my Centos 6 Virtual Server.
    After checking for the DNS Template, i found out that i haven't installed Bind DNS yet. I use Cloudflare, and my Domains point to the Cloudflare DNS. Is there a way, to activate DKIM without having Bind DNS installed on my server?

Thx
    Sally

2. UFHH01

UFHH01 Plesk addicted!

64%
    Hi Sally1,

pls. see the official answer to your question at the following KB - article:

Pls. see as well: => #6

3. Sally1

Sally1 Basic Pleskian

Hello UFHH01,

thanks for the information. When i activate Bind DNS, do i have to change something in the configuration, to keep my website up and running? I know that i have to add the DKIM Record then to Cloudflare, but do i have to configure my DNS Template when starting BIND Dns?

Thx
    Sally

4. UFHH01

UFHH01 Plesk addicted!

64%
    Best Answer
    Hi Sally1,

nope... not at all.

It's even better: You are always able to check at your domain - specific "DNS - Settings", if you didn't forget to setup this or that at your external DNS - service, because as far that I remember, I never experienced wrong or missing entries from Plesk. ;)

Which DNS - servers are used for your domain is based on your very own settings at the Control Panel of your domain - registar, but you miss some Plesk functionalities on your server, when you missed to install some basic Plesk components. :)

Sally1 likes this.