• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved DKIM Configuration

Sally1

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

i updated to Onyx today, and tried to activate DKIM for outgoing Mail. I use Postfix on my Centos 6 Virtual Server.
After checking for the DNS Template, i found out that i haven't installed Bind DNS yet. I use Cloudflare, and my Domains point to the Cloudflare DNS. Is there a way, to activate DKIM without having Bind DNS installed on my server?

Thx
Sally

Hello UFHH01,

thanks for the information. When i activate Bind DNS, do i have to change something in the configuration, to keep my website up and running? I know that i have to add the DKIM Record then to Cloudflare, but do i have to configure my DNS Template when starting BIND Dns?

Thx
Sally

Hi Sally1,

do i have to change something in the configuration, to keep my website up and running?
nope... not at all.

It's even better: You are always able to check at your domain - specific "DNS - Settings", if you didn't forget to setup this or that at your external DNS - service, because as far that I remember, I never experienced wrong or missing entries from Plesk. ;)

Which DNS - servers are used for your domain is based on your very own settings at the Control Panel of your domain - registar, but you miss some Plesk functionalities on your server, when you missed to install some basic Plesk components. :)

Back