• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved DKIM DNS configuration changed? Generate keys not working

dariusju

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
unumtu
Plesk version and microupdate number
latest
How us this new button>? where tutorials? popup don;t give dkim settings as in plesk docs described.

1697203024785.png

I could not reproduce the issue on Ubuntu 22.

When you click the "Generate new signing keys" a pop-up should open where you are asked how to name the new selector. When you confirm it, the selector and the keys for that selector are created.

Could you please describe in more detail what you clicked, entered and what the result is?

What do you mean by "nothing happens"? Do you click the button and the button is not clickable or you can click it, but the dialog does not close? Which console?

What do you mean by "nothing happens"? Do you click the button and the button is not clickable or you can click it, but the dialog does not close? Which console?
1. open popup,
2. write random string
3. click generate.
4.. nothing happened. no DKIM txt.
5. in right it;s browsers console it shows some errors

Which version of Ubutu? Cause on Ubuntu 20 I do not get the issue, and works fine.

I do not have support license is brought from hostinger.

Also what is this? Why? Why that wasn't before a week.. Before a week I was using Gmail and all dkim records was out of the box without any additional buttons.

Update :
I installed plesk with bind DNS addon. I see that default selector is made, but can't activate dkim. It says something about ns dns. When uninstall bind DNS I can make dkim visible in popup.

OK, then I Quick add another domain while bind DNS is un-installed and ahtung spoiler alert.... Nothing works as usual..

Why bind DNS need be activated to work? And it works broken...

Screenshot_2023-10-15-21-23-00-543_com.vivaldi.browser-edit.jpg
Screenshot_2023-10-15-21-23-33-719_com.vivaldi.browser-edit.jpgScreenshot_2023-10-15-21-25-21-694_com.vivaldi.browser-edit.jpg
Screenshot_2023-10-15-21-29-57-771_com.vivaldi.browser-edit.jpg

Hello,

We are facing the same issue with Plesk 18.0.56.
When trying to generate DKIM keys for subscriptions that do not yet have them, no keys are being shown under "How to configure external DNS".

We did the following on a subscription that does not yet have DKIM keys:
  1. Press "Generate new signing keys"
  2. Fill in the selector (we went for "default")
  3. Hit apply
  4. Click on "How to configure external DNS"
No keys are shown:

Screenshot_20231019_142248.png

We run Plesk 18.0.56 on RHEL 8.6, we do not have any DNS integration in Plesk.

Guys, thank you again for all the posts in this thread, but as we've already tried to reproduce it here and were not able to reproduce it, the best solution is to open a support ticket.

To sign-in to support please go to https://support.plesk.com

If you experience login issues, please see this KB article:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...rt-plesk-com-and-password-reset-does-not-work

If you bought your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk-
Includes a 30 days free trial.

read my previous post - fixed it by my own.

need install Bind DNS server - without this all will be ruined. then DKIM generates automatically (i firs installed bind dns, then created website), then with cloudflare extension just sync all records 1:1 to cloudflare, and make proxy required records in cloudlfare. it sincs all required dns and dkim records also.

if need DNSSEC security, don;t install in plesk if using cloudlfare. just generate in cloudflare dns setting this record and fill form in domain name registrar (etc hostinger), wait 10 minutes. till successes. then you can issue lets encrypt ssl free certificate with all box checked..

thank you for attention.

Hi,

Just a kind of #metoo here. This always worked before the latest MU and now it's now showing the keys anymore, I tested this at random plesk servers (+100) and they all have the same behaviour.

All our servers come without bind, so I will check if this will "fix it" .

I can confirm, when you do not have bind installed it does not work. After reinstalling bind on a test server (and restore dns zone) for the subscription it does work.

Just to be clear: this always worked before the latest MU. Installing bind is a no-go for us per policy.

Hi @Peter Debik this one is known as PPPM-14176 . So guess we'll wait, the officicial workaround is:

The current known workaround:
Install BIND DNS component in Tools & Settings > Updates > Add/Remove Components as described in Plesk documentation

Back