• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue DKIM & external DNS under Obsidian

IronDonDon

New Pleskian
Hi.

I have following issue:

I use external DNS service, and I setup DKIM private key as described in a manual on this page ( How to get the DKIM public key from Plesk if DNS is not installed?). It was working fine with Onyx, but after updating to Obsidian, I now get this error from the backup manager - WARNING: (Mail object 'domain.com') Unable to back up domain keys. Error: Call to a member function getRecordsMatched() on null.
It happens with each backup.

I have re-issued default key, generated a new pub-key, but still getting the error.

Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Thanks

Attachments

• 2019-11-24 18_58_09-Window.jpg
    2019-11-24 18_58_09-Window.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 8
I use external DNS service, and I setup DKIM private key as described in a manual on this page.

I have external DNS as well, and followed the procedure to get the DKIM keys and manually set them in the external DNS. But, I have DNS installed on my server also, and all domains set to slave mode with "The Plesk's DNS server acts as a secondary name server" on everything. The DKIM, DNS, and backups all work well with no errors. You might try that.

I have external DNS as well, and followed the procedure to get the DKIM keys and manually set them in the external DNS. But, I have DNS installed on my server also, and all domains set to slave mode with "The Plesk's DNS server acts as a secondary name server" on everything. The DKIM, DNS, and backups all work well with no errors. You might try that.
thank you for your reply.
I thought, it might be connected to the local dns service, which I don't use, so thanks for clarification. As I said before, it was all working just fine before Obsidian upgrade, so I hope, Plesk devs will take a look at this issue, since DKIM keys are being stored locally on disk anyway, so they might just ignore or include them in backups, even if no BIND DNS present.

Back