• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Dns change not working for godaddy

Nidheeshn

New Pleskian
HELLO
THIS IS FOR MY CLIENT.THEY ARE USING PLESK 10.2.0 IIS HOSTING.NOW THEY WANT CHANGE THE HOSTING FROM PARALLELS TO GODADDY.
AND CHANGED DNS .ie,NAMESERVER CHANGE.NOW THE PROBLEM IS THAT ITS NOT CHANGING .THE NAMESERVER CHANGE WAS DONE BEFORE THREE DAYS.
I HAVE ATTACHED THE SCREENSHOT FOR THE SAME.
ELIXIR.JPG
HOW TO SOLVE THIS?

It's a bad idea to change those NS records. Those should belong to the NAME-SERVER (the nameservers hosting your domain's DNS records). All you should tamper with should be the A records and perhaps the MX records ...

It's a bad idea to change those NS records. Those should belong to the NAME-SERVER (the nameservers hosting your domain's DNS records). All you should tamper with should be the A records and perhaps the MX records ...

Then can u please advice me ,how to change the nameservers ie,parallels hosting to Godaddy Hosting.godaddy has given their nameservers.

You should set the nameservers at the registry level. Ie, where you registered the domain name from is where you should set the nameservers from!

Okay.That means i have to contact my client's Domain resellers to change the Nameserver and i cannot change the same in Client's Parallels Plesk Account.Isn't it?

No, you can not change nameservers from Parallels Plesk Account. However, if the plesk server is the one hosting the DNS records for that domain name, then you can set the A records from within and they would take effect + resolve to your Godaddy server.

Back