• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS namerserver on leaseweb server

Klaus Fejer

New Pleskian
Hello.
I have just got my server from Leaseweb, and want to host it on my own server. so on the picture, i have created ns1 and ns2. Is it done correct?
If we say that my domain-name is: webtown.com, then what are my names on the nameservers? ns1.webtown.com and ns2.webtown.com ?

and last.. Right now I have my domains on nameservers from gratisdns.dk (a danish company). Can I control the site/domain with just having a secondary nameserver from leaseweb, and have 4-5 primary nameserversfrom gratisdns.dk?

http://picturedumper.com/picture/20090416/da4a31f72e/Untitled-1.jpg

THANKS.

i have only one ns record on my domains setup and use the default settings from PLESK.

You can set what ever you like.

On my plesk server each domain I have got

ns1.domainname
ns2.domainname

Just edit the ns or delete it to ns1 and ns2

This seems more of the 'standard' naming I see around. You also can add ns3 if you want.

As long as you create all the required entries.

Just because plesk defaults ns.domain does not mean you have to use this. I actually edit the default NS records so new domains added are 'correct'

I see your mistake.

Its not for the 2 NS records : ns1.maikbergmedia.com. and ns2.maikbergmedia.com.

It must be: ns1.<domain>. and ns2.<domain>.

The settings in the DNS template must consist of only <domain>, <ip> as these get translated when you create the domain:

<domain>. NS ns1.<domain>.
<domain>. NS ns2.<domain>.
<domain>. A <ip>
<domain>. MX (10) mail.<domain>.
<domain>. TXT v=spf1 a mx -all
<ip> / 24 PTR <domain>.
ftp.<domain>. A <ip>
mail.<domain>. A <ip>
mail.<domain>. TXT v=spf1 a -all
ns1.<domain>. A <ip>
ns2.<domain>. A <ip>
webmail.<domain>. A <ip>
www.<domain>. CNAME <domain>.

Only inside each actual individual domain will it say the actual domain name or show an IP address.

I have a server with Leaseweb too, but if I leave every dns setting in Plesk as default, all is working, websites, ftp, pop email then only problem I have is with webmail, no matter what I add to the dns settings it just will not function.

If your nameserver people are pointing at your ip and the ip is correct then all should be tickerty boo I guess.

Did you every resolve this.

Currently I run Plesk 8.6 with NS1 and NS2 running on my server (in the UK). But I would like to use everydns for secondary DNS, as I currently have 1 dedicated server and 2 VPSes. Having everydns onboard would help me have some level of redundent DNS.

How can I do this?

Matt

I found that I had to edit my dns settings with the people I bought the domain through ( anydomain.com ) I changed my custom dns settings to default which allowed me to edit them. Webmail worked almost immediately. The dns settings in plesk are not being used I would have thought as my server is not a dns server.

Back