• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue DNS not pointing in Plesk VPS

massilia68

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have a problem of DNS pointing of my domains on the plesk VPS that I have, i tried to point several domains on the VPS pleks none of these succeed, after verification on zone master I can see that these domains are completely lost. You can try with la-holding.com.

I already configured ns1/ns2 on name server on OVH panel and plesk is the master DNS.

What I don't understand is that my wife is hosted on this VPS PLESK and the two domains on her personal OVH account point directly to it and it works perfectly, you will be able to see for yourself on these two domain names: lisadivito. com / lisa-events.com

Thanks in advance !

Regards.

Your glue records for la-holding.com point to a different nameserver than the glue records for the other two domains lisadivito.com + lisa-events.com:

# dig +short la-holding.com NS
ns1.la-holding.com.
ns2.la-holding.com.

# dig +short ns1.la-holding.com A
51.83.12.17 <---- This server is not authoritative for la-holding.com

# dig +short ns2.la-holding.com A
=> Failed, no IP

However, the glue records for lisa-events.com:
# dig +short lisa-events.com NS
ns1.lisa-events.com.
ns2.lisa-events.com.

# dig +short ns1.lisa-events.com A
# dig +short ns2.lisa-events.com A

So you need to update your glue records (ns1.la-holding.com and ns2.la-holding.com) at OVH for la-holding.com and point them to 151.80.148.50

See also: Customising the DNS servers for an OVH domain name

Guess you'll have to check with OVH then, your modifications have not been propagated.

The GTLD servers for .com still report the wrong glue records:

# dig @a.gtld-servers.net la-holding.com NS
;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
la-holding.com. 172800 IN NS ns2.la-holding.com.
la-holding.com. 172800 IN NS ns1.la-holding.com.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
ns2.la-holding.com. 172800 IN AAAA 2001:41d0:305:1000::1e94
ns1.la-holding.com. 172800 IN A 51.83.12.17

BTW: Your 2nd nameserver ns2.la-holding.com only has an IPv6 address but no IPv4. I don't think this is intended.

I see this but why ? You see the image, i have setting up the good ip on OVH PANEL he still takes the past server but not the new.

Yes i put the IPV6 of VPS because i dont have a secondary IP.

Do you think its good to use plesk DNS Master ? For security its not better to take cloudflare or stay with OVH DNS ?

I don't know why. That's why I suggested to contact OVH. If the data you entered in the OVH control panel doesn't get pushed to the GTLD servers then you'll have to check with OVH.

And no, don't put an IPv6 address only for your 2nd nameserver. I suggest you enter the same IPv4 address for both nameservers and you may still add your IPv6 address to them. But first you should make sure that IPv4 is working.

Ok thank you, i have already contacted OVH for this but they dont want to help me beacause they dont have access on the server ...

I sent a message to the community OVH forum, and someone tell me that i have to use OVH DNS in Master, i have setting up Domain Default page it works but he doesn't point on the host, i think it is pointing on root of the host.

Capture d’écran 2021-11-11 155405.png

Did you wait long enough for the DNS changes to propagate? Because it seems fine now.

Yes i've been wainting, but i think it not pointing on httpdocs of eraseyourlife.fr beacause the site not appear :

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-11-11 182636.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-11-11 182636.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 3
Back