• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue DNS record gets created, although deleted in DNS Zone Template

obendev

Basic Pleskian
Hey, I discovered a really weird behaviour with my DNS Server.
I've once created SRV records for imaps in the DNS Zone Template (In the General Settings in Plesk): _imaps._tcp IN SRV 0 1 993 mail.example.org.

But I've deleted them a few days ago.

Howver though, when I create a new Subsciption or reset the DNS Settings of existing domains, it will still create the deleted SRV record.
Though it is definitley deleted in the global DNS Zone Template. I also applied the DNS Template changes many times.

Today I even tried to reset the whole DNS Zone Template, so that there are only the default Plesk settings.

Any ideas on this?

Does anyone know where the DNS records are stored / located on the server? I grepped everything in /var and /etc for this record. Nothing.

I checked any file in /var/named/*, nothing.. I checked the table dns_recs_t in the database psa, I checked the whole database, nothing...

Version: Plesk Obsidian v18.0.26_build1800200410.18 os_Ubuntu 18.04

Last edited:
Back