• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue DNS record gets created, although deleted in DNS Zone Template

obendev

Basic Pleskian
Hey, I discovered a really weird behaviour with my DNS Server.
I've once created SRV records for imaps in the DNS Zone Template (In the General Settings in Plesk): _imaps._tcp IN SRV 0 1 993 mail.example.org.

But I've deleted them a few days ago.

Howver though, when I create a new Subsciption or reset the DNS Settings of existing domains, it will still create the deleted SRV record.
Though it is definitley deleted in the global DNS Zone Template. I also applied the DNS Template changes many times.

Today I even tried to reset the whole DNS Zone Template, so that there are only the default Plesk settings.

Any ideas on this?

Does anyone know where the DNS records are stored / located on the server? I grepped everything in /var and /etc for this record. Nothing.

I checked any file in /var/named/*, nothing.. I checked the table dns_recs_t in the database psa, I checked the whole database, nothing...

Version: Plesk Obsidian v18.0.26_build1800200410.18 os_Ubuntu 18.04

Last edited:
Back