• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

DNS Records for Domain Aliasses not provisioned.

tino

Basic Pleskian
For the first domains added to Plesk 8.3.0 the domain aliasses worked well.

Now, when I add a Domain Alias to a Domain, and select all appropriate checkboxes, no records appear in the zone file.

The zone file itself is created, and contains the SOA record. But no other records at all.

Another problem in Plesk 8.3.0? Anyone else seen this?

Tino

Activate / Deactivate your domain-alias by using the activate button. After this procedure, the records are generated.

I think, this is a little bug.

Hello tino,

Thank you for the report.

Please try the following hot solution:

1. download updated module DNSManager.php and copy it to folder %plesk_dir%admin\plib\dns
2. download updated modules DomainAlias.php and DomainAliasesManager.php and copy it to folder %plesk_dir%admin\plib\domainaliases
3. Please backup old modules before copying.

Any feedback is appreciated.

I'm still getting a strange error.. could be caused by somthing else though;

Execute websrvmng --add-alias "--domain-name=domain.nl" "--alias-name=alias.nl" --web --mail failed: Site domain.nl doesn't exist
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\plib\utilmng.php:47
utilmng->call(string 'add-alias', array)
1: C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\plib\domainmng.php:70
domainmng->add_alias(string domain.nl', string alias.nl', boolean true, boolean true)
2: C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\plib\domainaliases\DomainAliasesManager.php:188
DomainAliasesManager::updateDomainAlias(object of type DomainAlias)
3: C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\domain_alias_edit.php:94

(Domainnames have been replaced.)

I have opened a trouble ticket for it. (442017):-(

Tino

I'm still getting a strange error.. could be caused by somthing else though;

Execute websrvmng --add-alias "--domain-name=domain.nl" "--alias-name=alias.nl" --web --mail failed: Site domain.nl doesn't exist
0: C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\plib\utilmng.php:47
utilmng->call(string 'add-alias', array)
1: C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\plib\domainmng.php:70
domainmng->add_alias(string domain.nl', string alias.nl', boolean true, boolean true)
2: C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\plib\domainaliases\DomainAliasesManager.php:188
DomainAliasesManager::updateDomainAlias(object of type DomainAlias)
3: C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\domain_alias_edit.php:94

(Domainnames have been replaced.)

I have opened a trouble ticket for it. (442017):-(

Tino

Please do the following

"%plesk_bin%\websrvmng.exe" --remove-sites-cache

"%plesk_bin%\websrvmng.exe" --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=<your_domain>

and try to add alias again.

Oh my...

That DOES WORK... Wow!

Awesome!

I'm really clueless what the '--remove-sites-cache' does, but it did the trick!

Tino

I ran into the same issue however there are still some inconsistencies even after downloading and applying the patched files and runing the suggested commands.

After I add a Domain Aliases there is no DNS entry for www.<domain aliases> and no IIS hostheader entries either. I had to add them manually.

Flogger

These files fixed it for me - mostly. I had to manually go through all 50+ of our domain aliases and disable/re-enable them. What a pain. And the site we host that has 15 aliases choked when I disabled the first alias - it's still processing that ONE change (about 10 minutes later).

I spoke too soon. It keeps crashing on the alias mods for the one with a lot of aliases.
==================================================
Undefined Domain ID.
0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\domain_alias_edit.php:17
==================================================

Repovisioning the 30+ aliases on my server was VERY fast when a domain only had a single alias. However, it appears that ALL domain alias mgmt takes longer and longer depending on how many aliases are on a site. The first alias is added and modified in a second or so The 5 takes a bit (15-20 seconds). The 10th domain takes over a full minute.By the 12th domain I'm willing to do it manually just so I don't have to fear that my Plesk session might timeout before I finish the activity.

Tried that, with these commands:
dnsmng update example.com
That one doesn't work for alases.
websrvmng --change-alias-type --domain-name=example.com --alias-name=example.net
That one had no effect whatsoever. Whether I added "--web" or "--mail" to it or not.
websrvmng --remove-alias --domain-name=example.com --alias-name=example.net
websrvmng --add-alias --domain-name=example.com --alias-name=example.net
That one, too, had no effect. While it may have removed and recreated the alias, it didn't activate it nor did it actually create the DNS records that were all missing thanks to the DNS mgmt bug.

Usually, we received this error in Plesk whenever we wanted to try to make changes to the aliases:
Domain ID is undefined.
0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\domain_aliases.php:14

Removing them all and recreating them one-by-one after upgrading to 8.3.0.1 has resolved this for us. But what a PAIN!

Back