• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

DNS recursion bigfix doesn't fix anything (and 'unfixes' fixed configs)

breun

Golden Pleskian
The Plesk 8.1.0 release notes say:

9. DNS recursion bugfix

DNS recursion option allows only localnet recursion by default.

While this is a good thing, I believe the bugfix is pretty buggy, because the upgrade to 8.1.0 put the following in my /etc/named.conf:

Code:
allow-recursion {
                any;
        };

Testing with http://www.kloth.net/services/nslookup.php for instance shows BIND allows recursion. I changed any to 127.0.0.1 and things are fine after restarting named.

Are other people seeing this too? I've done two upgrades to 8.1.0 so far and both boxes had allow-recursion set to any afterwards. Even if it was set to 127.0.0.1 before starting the upgrade, so the 'fix' actually 'unfixed' my configuration!

My Fedora Core 4's named have a correct settings according to release notes. Your OS, dude?

CentOS 4 on the first box, Fedora Core 3 on the second. Both ended up with 'allow-recursion { any };' in /etc/named.conf after the upgrade. What is the exact allow-recursion statement that the upgrade put in your config?

For 8.0.1 Add all to named.conf

You can fix it manually:

named.conf.include.plesk-options
Code:
        allow-recursion {
                localnets;
        };

I understand I can fix this manually, but I shouldn't have to. And the update to Plesk 8.1.0 should definitely not change my config to allow recursion to any host!

Originally posted by breun
I understand I can fix this manually, but I shouldn't have to. And the update to Plesk 8.1.0 should definitely not change my config to allow recursion to any host!
It is not critical, just worse that:

Code:
listen-on       {127.0.0.1;}

After Update i have:
* recursion fixed
* but fixed listen-on, that bind didn't work at all.

sorry for my bad English =(

Back