• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved DNS Settings

rhosk

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.53 Update #2, last updated on June 29, 2023
Hello all,

This is my last resort (before we decide to just host DNS at main).

Our server was migrated from MediaTemple to GoDaddy a couple of months ago. Since then, I've had to change a few settings to get everything working again.

Finally got the website going after much pain.. but, the last thing we're trying to do is to get the webmail (horde) working again. It works fine in Outlook (SMTP/IMAP). I know it's a DNS setting somewhere - domain name is thru an external Registrar (Turbify) - but can't seem to figure out which setting it is. Can you tell me what settings should be instituted and conversely, what setting I should not have in Plesk, possibly causing the conflict? It's driving me batty as I've tried all sorts of combinations and I'm afraid I might have corrupted the settings somehow.

Thanks for any guidance!

Hi @rhosk, you are only saying that something with Horde does not work, but would it not be so much better if you could also explain what you are trying to do, what happens when you do it and what you'd expect instead of this?

I can only guess that you cannot reach the webmail.<your domain> subdomain, because you mention DNS. In order to use Webmail, please make sure that
1) the webmail subdomain has an A (or AAAA) record that is routed to the IP of your server,
2) on the "Mail Settings" page of your domain, the "Webmail" drop down box is set to "Horde".

Back