• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question DNS synchronisation

Raba

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have the following problem. I need to make extensive changes in a DNS zone with several thousand records. The DNS zone is managed with the help of Plesk.

When I use Plesk's user interface to make the changes, it takes a long time and is very cumbersome. Therefore, I would like to make the changes directly in the zone file "/var/named/run-root/var/zonefile" using an editor. This would be much faster and more convenient.

But I know that Plesk stores the DNS entries in its database. How can I synchronize the database again after my changes in the zonefile?

Thanks
Ralph

Try to use

# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng --update

Thank you for pointing this out.

Unfortunately, the mentioned command works in the wrong direction. If I remove an entry with the editor directly in the zonefile, and then enter

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng --update example.com,

then the entry is back in the zonefile.

Maybe someone knows a way to change or remove the entries in the Plesk database.

Then the synchronization would lead to the correct result.

The problem for me is to find all the tables in the database where the DNS entries can be foundl

The problem for me is to find all the tables in the database where the DNS entries can be foundl
Most important tables are dns_zone and dns_recs:

Code:
MariaDB [psa]> show tables like '%dns%';
+-----------------------+
| Tables_in_psa (%dns%) |
| dns_recs              |
| dns_recs_t            |
| dns_refs              |
| dns_zone              |
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)