• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved DNS Template is not applied on all domains

Ras Alghul

New Pleskian
Hi,

I did a DNS Template and applied it to all domains with

2022-02-02 15_16_35-Plesk Obsidian 18.0.40.png

also with the option below, but when I enter a domain it's just empty and I can't apply nothing nor set DNS Entries.

2022-02-02 15_11_50-DNS Settings for artifactmarket.de - Plesk Obsidian 18.0.40.png

Only one domain got the template.
2022-02-02 15_18_08-Websites & Domains - Plesk Obsidian 18.0.40.png

but why ? Did I do something wrong ?

I also saw (but maybe thats another issue) that one of my new domains doesn't appear on the overview.
2022-02-02 15_23_00-Websites & Domains - Plesk Obsidian 18.0.40.png

But the Domain is under control of the user I am logged in with.

Has someone a solution ? I still can't see the DNS Templates at my other Domains just at this one account where the domain shows the entries.

If you chose the "Apply the changes only to DNS zones that were not modified by users." option the new DNS template will only be applied to domains on which de DNS has never been changed. So if there has ever been something changed to the DNS of a domain (even if it changed back again later), the new DNS templated will not be applied to those domains.

If you chose the second option, "Apply the changes to all DNS zones." the DNS template will applied to all domains. However, DNS records that are changed or added by users will never be overwritten.

I tried both options but none of them worked for me. It's still like this:

1645105061649.png

Maybe it would be a solution to create a new system user and then transfer the domain to that user and then apply again the dns settings ?
Or I'm running in a bug.

I never changed something in the dns settings of that domain because I wasn't able to set entries for that domain.
Also did a restart but didn't worked.

From the screenshot you've posted it look like there are no DNS records at all for the domain. By default there are always DNS records for a domain if a DNS server (bind) is installed. So somehow those DNS records are deleted. And thats why neither of the two options to apply the DNS template will work. The conditions are simply not met.

What happens when you click the "Reset to Default" button? If I am not mistaken it should recreate the DNS zone from the DNS template.

From the screenshot you've posted it look like there are no DNS records at all for the domain. By default there are always DNS records for a domain if a DNS server (bind) is installed. So somehow those DNS records are deleted. And thats why neither of the two options to apply the DNS template will work. The conditions are simply not met.

What happens when you click the "Reset to Default" button? If I am not mistaken it should recreate the DNS zone from the DNS template.
Alright. THANKS A LLOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THis did the trick
1645106525667.png

Back