• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS template not working

indi

New Pleskian
Hi, I have a defined DNS template but when I create a new domain the <domain>, mail, ftp, sitebuilder and webmail records are being redefined and inputted as the local IP (which is the internal IP 192.168.x.x) and not the DNS templates IP (which is the firewalls external IP). The zones can be edited afterwards but it breaks the whole meaning of templates...

System is Plesk 8.6.0 on a Windows 2008 Web Edition server, everything freshly installed.

Any clues or fix to this?

Hi, I have a defined DNS template but when I create a new domain the <domain>, mail, ftp, sitebuilder and webmail records are being redefined and inputted as the local IP (which is the internal IP 192.168.x.x) and not the DNS templates IP (which is the firewalls external IP). The zones can be edited afterwards but it breaks the whole meaning of templates...

System is Plesk 8.6.0 on a Windows 2008 Web Edition server, everything freshly installed.

Any clues or fix to this?

Hello indi,

Thank you for the report.
Did you configure DNS template according to http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.6/Doc/en-US/plesk-8.6-win-administrators-guide/34922.htm?

Hello Sergius,

Yes, but the records are ALWAYS replaced by the internal IP. I have to go and redefine them manually afterwards. I've been through to your techsupport regarding this and they say its not an issue but rather a technical "feature".

If its not an issue then maybe the manual should be updated because the instructions you sent (and which I've tried earlier before contacting support) does not work as it is supposed to.

Hello Sergius,

Yes, but the records are ALWAYS replaced by the internal IP. I have to go and redefine them manually afterwards. I've been through to your techsupport regarding this and they say its not an issue but rather a technical "feature".

If its not an issue then maybe the manual should be updated because the instructions you sent (and which I've tried earlier before contacting support) does not work as it is supposed to.

Thank you again. The "feature" redesign is scheduled for the future versions.

I'm having the same issue. I've worked around it by creating a SQL Triggered Event. My environment is Plesk 8.6.002 on a Windows 2008 server.

Here's the trigger i'm using in MS SQL:

USE [psa]
GO
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
GO
-- =============================================
-- Author: Arian Widmaier
-- Create date: 09/17/2008
-- Description: Auto Change the Private IP to Public IP
-- =============================================
CREATE TRIGGER [dbo].[ip_addr_change_priv2pub]
ON [psa].[dbo].[dns_recs]
AFTER INSERT,UPDATE
AS
BEGIN
-- SET NOCOUNT ON added to prevent extra result sets from
-- interfering with SELECT statements.
SET NOCOUNT ON;

UPDATE dns_recs SET host = 'public ip here' WHERE host = 'private ip here'
UPDATE dns_recs SET displayHost = 'public ip here' WHERE displayHost = 'private ip here'
UPDATE dns_recs SET val = 'public ip here' WHERE val = 'private ip here'
UPDATE dns_recs SET displayVal = 'public ip here' WHERE displayVal = 'private ip here'

END
GO

Back