• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Do I have the Health Monitor in the "Web Admin Edition"?

King555

Regular Pleskian
I installed the Health Monitor, but I can't find it. I have the "Web Admin Edition". Is this the reason?

Yes, Health Monitor is not accessible from Power User mode. We have corresponding request PPP-8832 regarding this issue.

Can I configure the Health monitor via console? Because I get a lot of mails every day with "red" and "yellow" server status and I want to set the values to higher numbers (because "red" on my server is only a very small amount of the servers resources).

The other solution would be an access to the monitor via the Power User view.

Can I configure the Health monitor via console? Because I get a lot of mails every day with "red" and "yellow" server status and I want to set the values to higher numbers (because "red" on my server is only a very small amount of the servers resources).

The other solution would be an access to the monitor via the Power User view.

Check Health Monitor section here - http://kb.odin.com/en/111283

I did not edit the config yet, but now I need to change the threshold value for the CPU usage of MySQL (I get dozens of mails every day).

But which file do I have to edit?

/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/health-config.xml
or
/usr/local/psa/var/custom-health-config.xml

I would say the /usr/local/psa/var/custom-health-config.xml file, but why are there so many differences in these files? I never changed any values and so I would think they are identical. They aren't.

Hello King555,

please use the Control Panel if you are unsure about the "right" file, because this is much easier as well. Just download the config file, make your changes and upload it again:
health-monitoring.png download-health-conf.png
health-config.png edit-health-config.png
upload-health-conf.png

ups.... my fault... sorry King555... in this case, please edit "/usr/local/psa/var/custom-health-config.xml" , because the custom-health-config.xml located in /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/ is the standard configuration file, shipped by Plesk... as all files under /usr/local/psa/admin/conf which are not added by a user manually. :)

hi and now october 2015 ? in webadmin edition plesk 12 health monitor is enable but missing from the power user view ?

It looks like even with the update to 12.5 and lots of grafic and layout improvements, this was ignored.
This looks like they win some extra money with people that upgrade just for this feature...
Or am I blind??

Back