• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Docker permission denied

• Thread starter Deleted member 209767
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 209767

Server operating system version
AlmaLinux
Plesk version and microupdate number
last
I installed Docker following the instructions here:
How to Install Docker on AlmaLinux 9 Step-by-Step

Then I installed the Plesk Extension, but when I try to open it in Plesk I always get this error:
Error: Permission denied

What did I do wrong?

When you installed the Docker extension in Plesk, it would had installed Docker for you with all the permissions. Because you didn't you're missing the permission. The permission is that you would need psaadm in the docker group. So in your SSH session do the following:

Bash:
sudo usermod -aG docker psaadm

That will add the psadm account to the docker group and should resolve the error.

Thanks for the reply, after running the command I was able to access the Docker section in Plesk once, then I tried to run my Mastodon container, and now the same error is back and I can't access the Docker section anymore

Would it be an option to remove your Docker installation completely and then install Docker through the Plesk installer instead?

Here's a solution, open your console and type:

Bash:
plesk bin extension --uninstall docker
sudo dnf remove -y podman buidah
sudo dnf config-manager --add-repo=https://download.docker.com/linux/centos/docker-ce.repo
sudo dnf install -y docker-ce docker-ce-cli containerd.io docker-compose-plugin
sudo systemctl start docker
sudo systemctl enable docker
sudo usermod -aG docker psaadm
plesk bin extension --install docker

Back