• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Docker Problem

DirkMA

New Pleskian
Hi there,

I'm using Plesk Onyx Version 17.0.17 Update #20 on a Centos 7 Server. My Problem is, I try to use a Docker-Container, but i can't configure the Nginx Port Rules (photo attached).

Thank you for reading. ;)plesk.png

Hi DirkMA,

well, sorry Dirk, but here are only two possible reasons, why you don't see ( for example: )

Plesk-Onyx_docker_nginx_Proxy-Port-Settings_over_domain.png

Plesk-Onyx_docker_nginx_port-mapping-settings.png

First reason might be: The nginx - container isn't running.
Second reason, you didn't define the nginx port mapping manually and used "automatic port-mapping".

I saw this:

Requirements
  • nginx must be running in Plesk.
When saying nginx must be running in Plesk, it's the nginx in Tools & Settings > Updates & Upgrades > Add Components, or a running nginx docker container?

Thank you.

Hi Marston,

When saying nginx must be running in Plesk, it's the nginx in Tools & Settings > Updates & Upgrades > Add Components, or a running nginx docker container?
No, it is certainly a "real" NGINX - package, because otherwise you would map the ports from apache, if nginx isn't installed on your server. ;)

I have a 'real' NGINX package installed getting the same problem my container is running and if it try and hit my server ip and the port nothing...
in domain under docker proxy rule -> add rule I can't their is no options in the port option.
I also added to Additional nginx directives

location ~ ^/.* {
proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:32827;
proxy_set_header Host $host;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
}
but nothing...

Am i missing something?

Back