• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

doclientmailbackup.vbs

T

tomoiaga

Hello everyone,
This may sound like a stupid question but I am trying to use doclientmailbackup.vbs from PMM to backup mail content in order to switch mail servers.

I have no ideea how to use doclientmailbackup.vbs.
I tryed like this:

doclientmailbackup.vbs /host:127.0.0.1 /client:domain.com /dumpfolder:C:\mail_backup /login:plesk_admin /password:plesk_admin_password

no luck so I tryed like this:

doclientmailbackup.vbs /host:127.0.0.1 /client:domain.com /dumpfolder:C:\mail_backup /login:[email protected] /password:pass_for_that_mail_address

no luck either.
How to use the vbs as I am getting in the log files only:

"Mail backup for 0 accounts started.
Mail backup finished"

Hello!

You could use

doclientmailbackup.vbs /host:127.0.0.1 /client:maildomains /dumpfolder:c:\mail_backup /login:adminlogin /password:adminpwd

where
"maildomains" - Plesk client login,
"c:\mail_backup" - Path to store dumps (the folder with client name will be created automatically, so you can use this path to backup all cients).
"adminlogin" - Windows account with administrative rights
"adminpwd" - account password.

As i see, you are use domain name insteed of client name?

Thanks.

Thank you for the reply.
Now I see in the logs TCPMailSrvProvider::TryConnectproc ( Can not connect to localhost:143. )
I do not have imap, how can I set doclientbackup.vbs to use pop3 ?

What mail server do you use in Plesk? PMM must recognize Plesk mail server and work automatically with it without any settings.

I have MailEnable free.
He is loading some MailEnable dll for the backup but he tries to connect to imap to do the transfer as I understand from the logs. MailEnable free does not have IMAP and that is the reason I am switching to hMail if I can. I have not found a solution to this problem yet. Is there no way to switch to hMail and keep the mailbox content ?

Ok, try to attach again.

Looks like I cannot attach the log file.

Please, do not publish it! It may contain some private data.

Please send me your e-mail address in order to send you the log file.
Thank you.

The log files says

"0 mailboxes from Plesk for client account domain.com sfound."

Is the "domain.com" - the valid plesk client login (not domain!)?

domain.com is just a replacement for the real domain name. I have change my domain with domain.com so I could publish the log.

I may have got it wrong so here is what I understand:

F:\Plesk\PMM>doclientmailbackup.vbs /host:127.0.0.1 /client:domain.com /
dumpfolder:c:\mail_backup /login:Windows_Admin /password:Windows_Admin_Password

Where domain.com is the domain where the mailboxes are like [email protected]. As I understand I should use a client login there. Plesk client or windows ? domain.com in this case is the Plesk client username.

OZyryanov what should I do in this case ?
In my many tries, I have found a single logfile that recognize all the accounts on that domains and backuped them. The problem is I have a lot of domains...

Thank you for your help so far.

The Mail agent wotk with one client at once.

In this case - backup/restore of mail content at Plesk mail server the "doclientmailbackup.vbs" backups domains of given client account.

Adn what you want to do?

Backup only one domain or backup only several acounts? Or bakcup mail content of all plesk clients?

I need to switch to hMail so as I searched the internet and swsoft's help I found that the mail content will not be transfered, so I would need to do it manually. I need to backup from MailEnable and then restore to hMail (on the same server) all the mail accounts (the content)

The algorithm described hire http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.1/Windows/PMM/070504.17/plesk-win-pmm-guide/25500.htm

For each Plesk client login you want to backup call "doclientmailbackup.vbs". The dumpfolder should be the same (this utility create client subfolder automatically).

Then switch mail server in Plesk and run "doclientmailrestore.vbs" for all clients in backups.

Do not forget make a Plesk backup to have a possibility to rollback changes. You also can restore this dump on any other computer with Plesk to check migration results.

(i am not undestand your problem - utility does not work properly? - in your log files i have seen only "0 accounts found" )

Back