• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

doclientmailbackup.vbs

The problem is that the doclientbackup.vbs does not work properly (or maby I enter bad data). I see 0 accounts but why ? That is wrong because I have several accounts on a domain. Anyway I saw that the utility does not throw any error if you enter bad passwords or usernames and so on.

There was only one time the utility worked and backup up several accounts then it stopped working.

Why does it try to connect to imap ? Does it try pop3 after imap connection failure ?

Could you login to Plesk with client account you give the utility (with the same name). Is this successefull? are you see domains and mail names of this client in Plesk?

(the logs about imap connection and other are technical (thier are marked Debug)- it is normal situation. Ths login and password you give really not checked sometimes (when agent work with the same machine) ).

I have logged in to Plesk with the user domain.com.
I see 2 mail accounts.

Ok, 2 mail accounts. but "domain.dom" - it is domain administrator (domain name), not Plesk client account. Is it really? Could you give the utility the Plesk client name (Owner of this domain)?

Ok this is where I get confused.
Here are some details(not real but close):

Windows server:
Administrator: the windows administrator
Admin: the plesk admin account
domain.com: the Plesk user account that manages the domain domain.com

What do you understand by Plesk client account ?
domain.com the user that has acces to add mail accounts to domain.com ?

Given the details above I have run the command like this:

doclientmailbackup.vbs /host:127.0.0.1 /client:domain.com /dumpfolder:c:\mail_backup /login:Administrator /password:Administrator_password

Maby I understand wrong what client means.
mail client like [email protected] ?
Plesk client like domain.com wich manages the domain from the web interface (Plesk) ?

When you login as domain.dom do you see the list of domains that belongs to this client? Can you create a new domain for this client?

I cannot create a new domain if I login with domain.com.
Ok so I need to use a reseller account ?

Yes. This utility require reseller login name (in default Plesk installation resseler called client).

Oh well, OZyryanov I do not know what to say, you saved me :) It works. Thank you so much for the time. I was confused about what client means in Plesk as I have only one Plesk server.

Back