• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Does anyone know how to get Plesk to rescan Windows Components???

NeuroPsyche

Regular Pleskian
I don't know what happened, but i'm getting a new server up and running, installed
the OS (win2k3ent), installed all needed windows components, installed gene6, copied my key file to the gene6 dir, installed Plesk, installed the utilities, installed the templates, etc.

I noticed that Plesk isnt' detected that Gene6 is installed.
Does anyone know the command to get Plesk to rescan the components/3rd party utils?

I remember that this happened before, but it was because I installed Gene6 after Plesk, this time, Gene6 was all loaded and registered, and ready to go for Plesk to find it; but it didn't again...

Any help would be really, really, really greatly apprecaited!

Thanks!

Just go to ADD/Remove Programms under your control panel in win and click on Plesk install and select Change or modify installation. After that everything what u installed will be recognized by Plesk.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Henryk

Actually you can just refresh the list of installed components in Plesk > Server > Components management. Just hit "Refresh" button to make Plesk "see" newly installed software.

Does anyone know what registry/switches in gpedit or others that would allow the installed programs, such as the anitvirus, sitebuilder, apache, etc. show up in the control add/remove programs???
I often wonder why Swsoft hid the programs that it installed and are running with Plesk CP.
If anyone has any ideas on why they did this can you please share?

Back