• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Does Plesk 11 has PHP 5.4 Support?

Evilmachine

Basic Pleskian
Hi there.

Just wanted to know if Plesk 11 has PHP 5.4 Support.

We plan to Upgrade from PHP 5.3.14 to PHP 5.4 because of some requests from our Customers.

Didnt find anything in the Changelog.

Hopfe you can help me.

Regards from Germany

Sascha urbansky

Last edited:
Hmm Ok.

When can we expect PHP 5.4 Support in Plesk??

Webspaces with PHP 5.4 Support are rarely and for some customers a reason to buy.

Evilmachine, Plesk doesn’t ship client’s PHP, it only downloads it from original OS vendor repo and it is quite likely it may be outdated there. If you can upgrade your OS PHP with PHP 5.4, then Plesk would run PHP 5.4 for your clients.

@abdi Thanks but i know. Thats the actual reason for my question.

If i upgrade my PHP to the 5.4 branch does Plesk 11 recognize it and changes the options??

Like deactive the safe_mode option because safe_mode is gone in PHP 5.4.

I think i will try it on a test machine with a plesk 11 demo.

I think plesk would recognize it. I havent tested this but logically, plesk plays with configuration files which regardless of the version of php, they are the same files ..so I think it might modify them accordingly and they get effected.

@Evilmachine I am wondering the same as you as I need to upgrade PHP to 5.4.3 for an application to be supported.
Did you test it out on the demo version of Plesk 11 yet?

Perhaps the parallels support staff can get back onto this thread as they surely can explain what happens if PHP 5.4 is installed on Plesk 11?

No i did not checked it yet.

Had no time. Had someone else checked it yet??

According to the Plesk Facebook Site PHP5.4 is not supported.

It depends on your OS. I'm guessing you are on Centos. But this is a thread about 5.4. Please can you start a new thread in the "Problems, Suggested fixes and How-tos" section of the forum? Be sure to state what OS you have, and what you have already tried etc etc.

Back