• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Does Plesk 9.x Support Remote Mail/DNS/SQL/etc.

R

Ramsey Bashir

Hello,

I didn't see a pre-sales forum so I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I come from a Helm 3 environment which has a control server and the ability to added remote servers. Our network consists a mulit-server environment with remote web, mail, sql, dns, stats all running on dedicated servers. As our network grows we can add additional remote servers (e.g. web, mail...) and load balance the remote web(s) on the dedicated Helm panel control server.

Is it possible to run web, mail, sql, dns, stats ... on remote servers from the Plesk 9.x server? If so, are there remote server licenses? Or how does this work?

Thanks

To have a central control panel for plesk, you would need plesk expand. You are charged licensing fees for every single server you add into expand. Even if its a web server and you ALREADY bought a license for plesk, you need an additional web license for expand.

According to parallels' techs, expand is not going to support plesk 9 for another 6 months.

Back