• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Does Smart Update Disable WordPress Auto Updates

sixullc

New Pleskian
What I'm wondering is if Plesk WordPress Toolkit Smart Updates has an option to disable the WordPress Auto Updates. Because Smart Updates is using AI to test updates first, so I don't want WordPress to auto-update anything as that completely defeats the purpose of having Smart Updates in the first place? Shouldn't it do this automatically?

So just to be clear, I would like Plesk WordPress Toolkit Smart Updates to handle all updates for WordPress websites.

And I would like the WordPress built-in Auto Update feature completely disabled and preferably hidden from the WordPress admin completely.

Is this possible?

And I would like the WordPress built-in Auto Update feature completely disabled
Just go to Autoupdate Settings and set it to No:

Screenshot 2022-06-14 at 15.23.42.png

To complete hiding SmartUpdate feature add this to panel.ini:

Code:
[ext-wp-toolkit]
showSmartUpdates = 0

What I'm wondering is if Plesk WordPress Toolkit Smart Updates has an option to disable the WordPress Auto Updates. Because Smart Updates is using AI to test updates first, so I don't want WordPress to auto-update anything as that completely defeats the purpose of having Smart Updates in the first place? Shouldn't it do this automatically?

So just to be clear, I would like Plesk WordPress Toolkit Smart Updates to handle all updates for WordPress websites.

And I would like the WordPress built-in Auto Update feature completely disabled and preferably hidden from the WordPress admin completely.

Is this possible?
We've got you covered.

1. WordPress Toolkit already controls native WordPress autoupdate mechanism. If you don't want any autoupdates, switch them off as IgorG has suggested above -- this will turn things off in WordPress itself.
2. If you enable Smart Updates together with automatic updates, WordPress Toolkit will run them together, meaning your autoupdates will be running through Smart Updates first. If there are no issues found by Smart Updates, then updates will be installed automatically. If there are any issues, updates won't be installed and you will be notified, so you can make an informed decision.

Back